Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Goal: Discovering America Through Us

            Have you ever wondered why we’re here, what it means to be human, what it means to exist? What about why we act or think the way that we do? Having spent the last six and a half years in the countryside, moving back into even such a small city that Nelsonville is to attend college has thrown me suddenly into a different setting. I never really realized just how much setting could impact our lives so much that even a half-hour’s drive can produce a noticeably different culture. I never realized how much “common knowledge” I took for granted, and I know some of you out there can understand that. So I got to thinking, trying to determine how each community builds their own culture. That’s the purpose of this blog. I’m going to go out and explore the communities of America and the people that build them, trying to determine the origins of the thoughts and actions of such a wonderfully diverse culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment